Pages

Thursday, August 24, 2006

A Record Wednesday Weekly


(L to R) Matt S, Mike L, Steve D, John B, Dave J, Andy G

Last night's Wednesday Weekly broke all sorts of course records and set many "firsts". Thank you all for coming. I hope we see you out here again!
  • Number of golfers: 6 (Wow!)

  • Number of groups: 2

  • Number of non-locals: 2 -- Steve D and Mike L from CT

  • Number of locals: 4 -- Dave J, Matt S, Andy G, John B

  • New course record: Matt shot a blistering 44 on 15 holes. That's -1. "I missed so many easy putts too," he whimpered.

    I was so excited when I pulled into the parking lot to see everyone there. It made my day. In fact, it took me about four holes to relax and play some decent golf. I figured I'd give the out-of-towners a personal tour of the course, so Steve, Mike, and I formed the first group, and Dave, Matt, and Andy made up the second group. We all put in $2 and Andy donated a scratch ticket for CTP on hole 10 which he ended up winning!

    We had a good time and no one lost a disc, so all was good. Highlights include some nice treeless drives from Mike, some pretty long putts by Ditterman, and an impressive laser drive thrown by Matt on Hole 15 that landed about 5 feet from the pin. Lowlights .... well let's forget about those for now, shall we?

    Results (Par 45)

    MattS: 44
    MikeL: 50
    DaveJ: 52
    AndyG: 55
    JohnB: 55
    SteveD: 58

    Thanks Matt for donating your winnings to the course and good luck to you, Mike, and Steve at this weekend's MSDGC tournament.

    Click here for some amazing Devens disc golfers gone wild videos.

    No comments: