Pages

Thursday, August 09, 2007

Today's Treasures

I love going to the course at different times than I usually do. There is usually different light and noises and I notice different things like rocks or trees that suddenly grew overnight. Today it just felt different because it was Thursday afternoon. I don't think I've ever played disc golf on a Thursday afternoon.

Like I said, it felt a little weird playing at 4:30PM on a weekday, but it was great. I quickly forgot my usual troubles as soon as I reached hole 1. I birdied hole it and came this close to aceing hole 2. Really. It was this close. I'm going to get that sucker one of these days, damn it.

I shot an okay 60, but should have done a few strokes better. I murdered a few holes that I usually par, but then pared a few holes I usually bogey. I even 3-ed 18. Nice. Anyway, if I hadn't choked a few times I could have broke my personal best, but oh well. Coulda woulda shoulda.

I met Jim Bobka's brother who had brought along his son and his buddy and his son. They said they have been out a few times now. I also bumped into John and his Chocolate Lab Celtic who were out for their daily walk. John lives on the other side of the Hill and played with us a few times last Fall. I heard more chains rattling as I played along and saw two other cars in the parking lot after.

The only thing that annoyed me today was finding a Cumbie's coffee cup on hole 3, an empty Bud Light can on 12, a Dunkins iced coffee cup on hole 13 tee pad, and pieces of broken glass next to a tree on hole 13. Ugh.

I built a rock circle around the the in-ground bees nest about 40 ft off the tee on Hole 3. Unfortunately I forget the bee killer today.

Please try not to dislodge the orange tee markers. One is already missing for Hole 1 and a few others were knocked over. C'mon, bigfoot! Watch where you're walking.

When I got home, I had an email waiting for me telling me of our first PayPal donation made by Dave James' parents! Yahoo and thank you very much!

If you like what we are doing with the course, please click the Paypal button to the right and donate a few dollars every couple of times you play. We're not asking for much; just something that says you appreciate the course being here and want to help keep it good shape.

Thanks, and see you on Sunday. 9:30AM. Bring food to donate to the Loaves and Fishes. They were quite happy with last week's donation. Yay!

No comments: