Pages

Friday, May 08, 2009

First time, long time...

Well, that was fun!

Talking disc golf on the radio

I went on just after 2:00 after the Fandango guy's interview about how great the new Star Trek movie is. As we were driving in, it was cool hearing Ray mention me as an upcoming guest.

After a brief off-air hello, we jumped right into it. I fumbled the start a bit when Ray led me with an open-ended statement about disc golf and then stared at me waiting for my response. That threw me off a bit since I was waiting for a specific question, but I recovered. I got the hang of the whole thing after a few more questions.

I was on for 9 minutes and it went pretty fast. I had so much to say and explain, but the questions were general in nature. I think I did okay for my first time and I'll definitely do better the next time around now that I know what to expect.

We chatted for a few minutes during the commercial break and I showed him my bag and discs. He seemed interested in giving it a try with his 12 yr old. Then some guy in a suit came in the studio, so we took off.

Marcy recorded it on my camera and once I splice it up into parts small enough for YouTube, I'll post it.

Thanks to episodes of WKRP in Cinncinati and Fraiser, the station sure was not what I had pictured in my mind!

John and Ray Shackett

Talking disc golf at WCAP

No comments: