Pages

Saturday, October 01, 2005

Laying Out Holes 1-8

Today Brian and I headed over to the Hill to begin mapping out some holes. We picked out 8 potential holes; a few short, a few medium, and two long, and all either up or down the Hill. I went back and played 1 and 2 and think that we may have to combine them (1 turned out to be really short).

It was pretty fun starting with an empty canvas, but because it is so wooded and it was only our second time out there, it was hard to tell if we had used the land efficiently. Our biggest challenge I think will be to get Hole 9 to end near Hole 1, and in the future Hole 18 end near holes 9 and 1. The overall shape of the land is causing problems, but I'm going to let it roll around in the back of my head for a while and hopefully something will make sense.

This is the beginning of hole 2. The pin will be past that big rock at the top of the hill and over to the left about 60 feet.

No comments: