Pages

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Mike C. Likes It!

Mike C. sent me this email Thursday after trying the Hill for the first time. Here's what he had to say:
Jim and I went down (Wednesday). Between your written hole descriptions and the map, we navigated pretty well. We had some trouble finding #8 but eventually did. For the 13 holes, I shot 46 (only 1 deuce, #10). I'm certain I can shave at least 4 off that. Jim did a couple worse I think.

The course is very interesting with a lot of potential. I especially liked holes 8, 13 & 14. Naturally, it's going to take a lot more clearing and touching up but it's going to be a fun course when complete. (It reminded me very much of Hunt's in Rindge NH. It's very woodsy and very tight.) It would be nice if some of the holes could break out into a field area for a few open shots. Any possibility of that for the remaining holes? I didn't really see much open space but I know we didn't see all the available land. The elevation changes add a lot (but pretty tiring on a hot day!).

You guys have done a lot a good work. I'll definitely be back.
Thanks for the review, Mike. The remaining holes will go through the woods, although Hole 15 goes down a fairly wide straight road (and when I say "fairly wide" I only mean about 20 feet!). There just aren't any open fields to use -- that's part of the reason we were allowed to put the course here. :-)

No comments: