Pages

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

We hooked another one!

I'm hooked on the Hill!Got this great email from another newbie who is absolutely hooked on disc golf after only 2 times out. Yeah baby!
I just wanted to take a moment to express my own appreciation for all the hard work you have done in setting up a disc golf course in Devens. I did not know anything about the sport until about 5 weeks ago when I read an article in the local paper. It included your website and since then I have logged into it a number of times.

I finally walked a few holes on July 29. Then, the next day I drove down to Marshall St and bought 2 starter sets. On Tuesday, July 31, I got out for the first time and did 12 holes before it got kind of dark. I met Brian McNulty out there and he gave me some tips and told me about all the efforts that have gone into this course.

Thursday, I got out there again in the heat and had to quit due to darkness after 15 holes. I finally completed the course and did all 18 on Sunday. I won't email my scores but I did hit par on 9 and 16 which to me was a very big deal.

I guess you could say that I am now hooked on the sport and I am looking to get back out there today. I talked the course up to my chiropractor and he may join me, so there may be two over-40 year olds banging the trees this evening.

Again, many thanks,

Jeff M

No comments: