Pages

Monday, September 21, 2009

Devens dominates Hunt's Mean 18 at Rindge

The boys from the Hill made quite an impression this past Saturday at Hunt's Mean 18 NH States in Rindge, NH.


Congratulations to Devens regulars Andrew Duquette, Brian McNulty, and Pete Nevius who finished 1, 2, and 3 in AM2. I think this was Andrew's first career win, so be sure to give him a "Hill Yeah!" the next time you see him. Andrew shot an impressive 54 in Rd 2 to give him a cushy 8-throw win (115, +7).

Andrew and brother Matt also took home a good chunk of money at Friday's Skins match by each getting a CTP. It was a good weekend to be a Duquette, that's for sure!

In AM1, I won my third tournament of the year by 3 throws with a delicious 2-under 106 (53, 53). After an absolutely horrible showing at Skins and doubles on Friday, I knew I had to redeem myself on Saturday. What a difference 15 hours and a night of stewing makes!

Rindge is a shorter, tighter version of Devens and not surprisingly, my kind of course. After hearing some of the scores from guys getting in some practice rounds on Friday, I knew I had to get my stuff together if I wanted to do well. Thankfully I did.


JoBo thanks his "sponsor" and suggests that everyone should get layed off and play more disc golf


Ken Gary continued his excellent tournament play by taking third (112, +4) in a larger than usual Pro Masters field. Our lone pro, Daniel Marcus, finished third in Open (109, +1) . Nice job, guys! Marcy even came home with $10 after finishing second in Intermediate Women.

Best if all, I was excited to see 14 Devens regulars at this tournament. Our little course is growing and I love it!


John H gives and John B takes



Alan won a snazzy mini beer pong game



Marcy figures out the new Devens tag order



Nut made it to his favorite tournament



Frank and his son got in a practice round on Friday

No comments: