Pages

Monday, October 08, 2007

Doubles, Another Ace, Ultimate, Chili, and Live Music

Eight golfers showed up this Sunday for the Social despite some cool, damp, and rainy conditions. Donnie and Phil pulled off the victory and also won some raffle tickets to the Chili Cook Off. Congrats!

Chuck, Phil, Donnie, Pete, John, Luke, John, Nut, Ryan


I aced hole 2 for the second time using the same disc (Latitude 64 Medius) in a sudden death playoff for third place. It was a beauty. Before teeing off, my partner Ultimate Pete said, "Okay, Johnny, ace this." What can I say? I do what I'm told! It capped a dramatic 3-stroke come-from-behind "win" for us over Nut and Luke.

Phil and I went over to the Cook Off and set up a basket for the kids to play with and then ducked into the Grill for an adult beverage and some Pats on the tube. Nut and Donnie soon joined us and after a bit Donnie and I walked down to Rogers Field to catch some of the Ultimate regionals going on.

When we got back to the Cook Off, Dave James was there talking up the course and Phil was raving about Chili #11. "You have to try #11. It's the best." I did and I have to say, "Ehh...".


J. Geils


J. Geils and his jazzy 4-piece combo started to play while some kids (and even some adults) had fun putting. All in all it was a nice afternoon despite the overcast skies.


How many do you have?!



He's in the Zone!



Future Pro Womens Champ!



Listen to Jazzy Jay.

1 comment:

steve said...

sounds like it's time to move the tee pad on hole 2!