Pages

Sunday, October 07, 2007

Team Devens Falls in First Challenge

The 2007-2008 NEFA Challenge season is officially underway. Saturday we (Captain Andy Gallerani, me, Steve Berthiaume, Doug Bechtel, Luke Adolph, Chris Gagne, and Justin Anderson) played NASA (a mishmash of players from Amesbury, Pyebrook, and Womp) up at Amesbury.



Not sure of the final score, but we lost. I think we won one singles matchup in round 1, and maybe two doubles matchups in round 2. It was a good time all around and some good golf was played.

Stevie B and I played against Mark Arnold and Chris Brown in what was probably the most intense and fun doubles round I've ever been in. After Steve and I birdied the first hole, we then pushed the next 12 or so holes. The remaining holes were a battle and we swapped the lead several times. Steve and I made it tough on ourselves by leaving ourselves a bunch of long putts that we had to make just to stay in the game. I hit one or two, but Steve was unstoppable! Mr. Clutch.

After a five-hole playoff (and more even clutch putting by Steve), we lost on a park job from Chris on hole 5. I didn't even feel too bad about losing the match since it was so damn competitive.

Next month we host Borderland in what should be a very tough matchup. Hopefully our home course advantage will save us a few strokes!

No comments: