Pages

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Rainy Saturday and the Sunday Social

Hoping to avoid the rain from Hurricane Noel, I got to the course very early Saturday morning to clear a downed tree on 16 that had been bothering me for a while. My plan was simple -- clear the tree and then play a round with Luke Adolph. But, as some of you know, I just can't move a tree and be done with it. I must improve, tweak, finesse. Damn it, I love working on the course!

Luke putts on 8
I ended up thinning out some smaller trees on the right slope of 16 and getting rid of the pine that blocked the view of the pin from the tee. Then I dragged all the crap down the hill and across the road and forced myself to call it a day and go play some golf!

Jim Bobka had just gotten there and we bumped into Luke on 1, so we decided to play a very casual round. Nut emerged from the woods on hole 2 after having played a few holes, but had to head home. Thankfully, the rains held off until hole 18. Perfect!

Sunday Social
We had perfect autumn weather today - cool, crisp, sunny, cloudless. Some trees are still fighting to show some color too. Nice. It was a great day to be on the course.

Ken, John, Dave, Pete, Tim, Donnie


Dave Ace James and Pete Mr. Ace Race Nevius had a steady round to pull out the win, but Tim Seiger and I made it interesting with a hot back-9 push.
  • Pete/Dave: 54
  • Tim/John: 55
  • Donnie/Ken: 56

Donnie calls his broker before we start. "Sell! Sell! Sell!"



Dave putts on 1



Birdseye view of Dave on 8

No comments: