Pages

Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Support your course! Buy a raffle ticket for a free car.

Tonight through next Wednesday, I will be selling raffle tickets for a free Hyundai Accent. Yes, you read that right. $20 a ticket. All proceeds go straight to the course insurance fund.

Since I lost my job a few months ago, I've been looking at ways to save money. Unfortunately, getting rid of my gas-sucking truck kept popping up on top of the list. So last weekend I bit the bullet, said a tearful goodbye to Big Blue, and bought a pretty nice gas-sipping Hyundai Elantra with the nice going away present my previous employer gave me. (Thank you severance package!)

New England Hyundai dealers are having this crazy promotion where if you buy a new '09 model, they throw in a free Accent. Yep, unbelievable, but with the way the economy is these days, they are trying anything to get people in the showroom. They are also letting you return any new car you purchase from them if you lose your job in the next year. Wow!

Since I have no need for two cars, I thought it would be fun to raffle it off and then donate the money to the course.

So, if you want a chance at a free car, be there tonight with $20 and you could go home with a brand new car next week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I cant make it there to play, but if this isn't an April Fools joke I'd enter the raffle anyways!

James Lane