Pages

Monday, August 03, 2009

Toto, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore

Yep, I went with the easy headline. Hey, it's been a long week!

Our last day in KC was a leisurely one. After dealing with some kids partying in the room above us until 4:12 AM, we packed up, checked out, and headed to Harrah's for some gambling. Chris played some blackjack and Marcy and I played penny slots. At one point I was up 230 cents. I felt like a big shot.

The place stunk like an ashtray, so we left and headed to Independence, MO to the Truman Presidential Library and Truman home. The library admission was a bit steep for us, so we walked around the gift shop and then stopped in the visitor center and learned that Pres. Truman used a walking stick mainly because it was fashionable. Fascinating stuff.

After a quick lunch at some generic mall, we headed to the airport, said our goodbyes to Chris, and waited with several other golfers for our flight home. We made it home with no problems and rolled into Manchester airport at midnight. Our neighbor Lisa picked us up and we were back in the TreeHouse by 1AM, much to our dogs' delight.

Today it's unpacking, laundry, grocery shopping, seeing how much my garden did grow, and trying to unblur the past week of memories. I just skimmed through the previous posts and seeing those photos from last Sunday with the Pros made me pause. Was that only 8 days ago? What a week!

I have to admit it does feel a bit weird not having to go play anywhere today. Maybe I'll do some putting to keep me in the groove. Coming back to this humidity sucks, that's for sure. We had such great weather in KC -- hot, breezy, and unseasonably dry. As an added bonus, there weren't any mosquitoes or other flying pests either! That could have been the best part of the whole trip!

I'll be posting more photos soon.

Marcy, Chris, John

No comments: