Pages

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

When is a turkey a turkey-turkey?

Yesterday afternoon I was doing a little work on the Hill, just trimming sprouts coming out of stumps and picking up sticks. I was coming down hole 10 and saw two turkeys crossing the fairway behind the basket.

I thought it was pretty funny seeing two turkeys on Birdie Run. Five birdie-able holes, two turkeys, ... oh the irony!

If you aren't up on your disc golf lingo, any time you get three birdies in a row, it is called a turkey. Since the turkeys were on the second hole of Birdie Run, it was ironic. Ha! I can't stand it.

It did give me an idea for a future tournament though. Maybe we'll offer up a prize for the golfer who cards a turkey somewhere on Birdie Run (holes 9-13). Maybe a drumstick, turkey soup, a turkey sandwich.... Any ideas?

No comments: