Pages

Friday, March 12, 2010

Season is starting up; join the PDGA and NEFA!

If you love disc golf, why not join the Professional Disc Golf Association (PDGA) or the New England Flying Disc Association (NEFA)?

Your membership helps continue to build the sport both locally and nationally as well as support efforts to attract sponsorship, spectators, and media coverage.

When you join either group, you'll get a lifetime membership number. The PDGA offers a free disc, a subscription to Disc Golfer magazine, and other benefits. If you play any PDGA-sanctioned events, you'll also get an official rating and over time see how you've gotten better.

NEFA members can participate in the NEFA Points Series and earn points at specific tournaments.
  • Join the PDGA now under the "Refer-a-Friend" program (use my PDGA number 23492 and I will donate my credits to the course)
  • Join NEFA now to qualify for all NEFA points series events this year.
I've been a PDGA member for nine years and a NEFA for probably ten. It is fun to look back at how my PDGA rating has gone up over the years. In 2004, my rating was 783 and is now up to 937. The goal of course is to be a 1000+ rated golfer, but since that is usually where the top touring pro players sit, I doubt I'll ever get there!

I am currently the MA state rep for NEFA, so feel free to contact me with an questions about NEFA or disc golf in New England.

No comments: