Pages

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Sunny Saturday

Yesterday Ultimate Pete, Nut, City Boy Rob, and Jim Bahhhhhbka joined me for a round. It was a beautiful day - sunny, cool, and crisp - and was a great way to spend my birthday. We didn't keep score, but I think we were all pretty happy about how we shot. Pete has really improved since we last played. He is definitely getting more snap and distance on his drives now. Good job!

Hole 1 didn't start off too well for me though. After a pretty nice drive through the gap into the woods I nicked a tree and went way right. I had a decent, but tough second shot and let one float through several trees. It made it through and landed just out of sight. I smiled and thought, "Nice! I'll have a chance at par." As I bent down to get my bag, I heard Pete and Jim laughing. I looked up and saw my disc rolling, rolling, rolling down the Hill away from the basket over to their first drives about 100 feet from where I had just thrown it. Ouch! Evidentally the Hill doesn't believe in birthday presents! Jim said that after the disc landed, it slid on the snow, caught an edge, and started it's nasty offroad adventure. Not nice. I ended up with a 5!

Pete, Nut, Rob, Jim



Pete, John, Rob, Jim


No comments: