Pages

Sunday, June 17, 2007

A Record Day at the Hill

This morning I found myself at the Hill bright early and decided to work on Hole 1. I got rid of some junk to the left of the tee pad and climbed the pine tree on the edge of the woods and cut off several low-lying branches. I also got rid of a few smaller saplings closer to the basket. All this opens up the left side of the fairway and after I trim a few more bushes on the left, Hole 1 will be looking good.

As I headed back to the parking lot, I bumped into a crew from CT that I met last week at the ACT. I joined them for a round and showed them around the course. I guess Mother Nature was annoyed with me for cutting those trees since everything I threw hit wood. Not one of my better rounds! Ack!

We bumped into Katrina and two others (her article about us should be out soon), as well as Andy and Glen, two locals I also met at the ACT.

The place was "packed" today with at least 13 people playing this morning! Back in the parking lot, there were also 3 other cars unaccounted for. Wow! It's great to see people playing the course. Thanks for coming out everybody!

The CT crew clockwise from left: Bobby D (64), Jon D (72), Johnny N (71), Lindsey T (78), Paul R (74)

Paul between a rock and a hard place on Hole 3




Bobby does the Heisman on Hole 4




Jon sends one down Hole 3




A frog takes in the action on Hole 5

No comments: