Pages

Monday, June 25, 2007

Thank you, but no

I appreciate that people want to help make the course better, but please don't work on it unless you check with me first.

This weekend I noticed that someone decided that the teebox on hole 8 wasn't level enough for them and dug out a portion of it. While your intentions are well-meaning, I don't appreciate you messing with our course without permission and doing a half-assed job too! If you want to improve something, let me know and together we will decide how to do it right and how to finish the job completely.

Unfortunately, your fix is only temporary and once it rains all the dirt will wash away and the front of the tee will collapse and we will be back where we started. Plus, putting the rocks you dug out in the middle of the teebox is not safe. This is not a good reflection on the course and increases our liability if someone twists an ankle on one of those half-buried rocks. Since I and others have a huge stake in the safety and success of the course, I'd appreciate it if you would contact us first the next time you have an urge to help.

We do have a masterplan for the course. Please be respectful of it and everyone else who has worked hard to get us where we are today. Thank you!

No comments: