Pages

Thursday, July 12, 2007

The Hill is Hopping!

Brian and I were interviewed by the MetroWest newspapers on Tuesday and met their photographer at the Hill last night for a few photos. He arrived in his Mini Cooper with three of his sons packed in the back. Even after the relatively long ride stuffed in a Mini, the older teenage kids were too cool to be bothered to get out and see what this Frisbee golf thing was all about, but the younger one tagged along with Dad and thought it was pretty cool. I gave him a putter to play with and he was a natural. Add one more disc golfer to the world!

The skeeters were enjoying the muggy conditions, so we headed straight to hole 1 where the photographer took a variety of shots ranging from far away actions shots, posed close-ups, and some typical putting shots. This guy was good and really tried to show how hilly and challenging the terrain is. He got a good one of Brian nailing a nice downhill putt through the trees that I bet they will use for the article.

When we were done I suggested a fun shot where we'd toss a bunch of discs in the air over our heads. He liked that idea and we tried a few of those back at the soccer field. I'm anxious to see how those came out.

After the photographer left, DDGC Board member Dave James emerged from the woods after a turbo round. He said had been shooting great until 18 ate him up with a 7 and he ended with a 60. Ouch, but great shooting none-the-less, Dave! There was also another group out there that Brian had chatted with earlier. They work on Devens, I think.

With twilight approaching, Brian headed back to 18 for more brush cutting and I headed to hole 1 for a few quick holes. I was on fire and finished -1 after 5. I finished on 18 with a sweet drive but blew my downhill putt for par and got a nasty roll, finishing with a 5. Yuck. On the bright side, I found my pruners I lost on 3 last week.

Hole 18 is looking good now that Brian has cleared all the low-lying brush. I plan to drag the crap away this Sat. morning. You should come and help!

Back in the parking lot I met Russ from Groton who has played the course a few times and is excited to be playing again. He used to play back in the day with his buddies who are hopefully coming out this Sunday from Springfield.

So, what I'm trying to say is, the Hill is hopping and that makes us happy!

No comments: