Pages

Saturday, September 08, 2007

What the?

This morning I worked on the right fairway of hole 15 and cleared out a number of small trees and overhanging branches. I almost got all the way to the end (the big rock near the basket) before my friggin' saw broke.

It was probably a good thing since I was reaching that point in the workday where branches start poking and tripping you and you start swearing a lot and you end of doing something stupid and hurt yourself. I also got attacked by some red ants I de-homed after I pulled out some brush. They must have been drawn to the blood dripping down my shin thanks to a friggin' scrubby-ass oak branch shiv.
I was about to head home when Pete Tolvanen pulled into the parking lot, so I played a round with him. We played pretty even but Pete finished with a 57 and I probably had a 60 or so. Back in the parking lot we met Mike Murphy who was visiting the course for the first time. I was too pooped to play any more, but Pete went out again with Mike.

We hope to see some more new faces at the Social tomorrow! And don't forget about our Ace Race and Nature Walk Doubles tournament Oct 20.

No comments: