Pages

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The final tally

It took a week, but I finally tallied up all our donations. We collected a lot more cash than I had thought!

Last night, I dropped off 207 food items and a check for $320 to the Loaves and Fishes!

That's pretty awesome for only 18 golfers! Mullys, donated prize winnings, and random donations brought in about $140.

We got this email the other day from Judy at the L&F:
Thank you so much for inviting me to come to the Disc Golf Tourney to collect the food and donations for Loaves & Fishes. The article about your group in the Lowell Sun was great.

Please accept my thanks for all you've done for Loaves & Fishes. I will get a letter out to the local newspapers today acknowledging your gifts.

Best wishes to all you hardy souls. And thanks for the donut, too.

Judy Grande
Acting Executive Director
Loaves & Fishes Food Pantry
No problem, Judy. See you all next year!

No comments: