His daughter Meg was diagnosed with Leukemia in April and although insurance is covering a good chunk of the medical expenses, we thought we'd help with everyday expenses while they travel back and forth to Boston Childrens Hospital (parking, gas, tolls, food, babysitting, etc).
Update: After almost two months in the hospital, Meg has returned home!
Many of you have told me that you have heard great things about the Hill but still haven't made it out yet. Well, here's your chance to experience Devens AND help someone at the same time with a fun day of golf.
We expect several James family, friends, and coworkers to attend. Thank you to the Pros who have already committed to help out on this special day -- TM Dyer, Mike Connell, Jim Wills, Matt Stroika, Steve Dodge. Any other Pros that would like to help, please email me.
- Saturday, June 27
- 1 morning round of pseudo-random dubs (format may change slightly depending on the number of newer players that show up.)
- 50/50 payout (50% to James family, 50% to payout)
- 9:00-9:30 registration, 9:45 players meeting, 10:00 tee off
- Bid for the honor of being Dave's partner!
- Afternoon round - Most new players may not want to stick around for two rounds, so Rd2 we may reshuffle the cards or just play singles for $5-10
One division. Players loosely grouped into skill levels (A, B, C) and then randomly paired with someone in a higher/lower level. This may change depending on number of golfers.
- A (Pro/AM1)
- B (AM2)
- C (Newbies/Recs)
Please send check to address below, pay at league on Wed, or come with cash day of. Be kind to your TD and let me know if you are coming though!
Devens Disc Golf
40 Cranberry St
Pepperell, MA 01463
CTPs and prize donations accepted!