The Wednesday Weekly returns next Wednesday, March 16. Come get your 2011 bag tag and be ready to go at 4:15.
Jim Bobka has created the first 25 tags and I think maybe his design was inspired by our sponsor, Killer B Disc Golf. Each tagholder gets a Killer B mini and sticker and his stats tracked on DiscGolfScene.
We use league as our primary fundraiser to help pay our yearly insurance bill. We make it fun for all, so don't worry that you have to be an all-star to have a good time. We group players into two groups based on skill, so you'll always be competing with someone about as good as you. I think everyone won something last year, be it a cash payout, a CTP, the ace pot, or one of the fabulous Less Than A Dollar prizes for the end-of-night skills contests.
- Two player pools (Pro/AM1 and AM2/Rec), a weekly cash payout, a cash CTP for each pool, and an ace pot. The night ends with a Skills Challenge.
- Buying a tag saves you $2/week. Visiting non-taggers can still play and get in on the cash payout but can't compete for a tag.
- Wednesdays, starting March 16
- Be ready to go at 4:15. Time will move according to sunset.
- Initial cost: $20 for 2011 tag and a Killer B mini and sticker
- Tagholder: $5 (2 payout, 1 CTP, 1 ace pot, 1 course)
- Non-tagholder: $7 (2 payout, 1 CTP, 1 ace pot, 3 course)
- No handicaps. Players grouped by Pro/AM1 and AM2/Rec.
- One round of singles
- If you forget your tag, you must pay $7 and cannot compete for a tag that week.
- If you leave before tags are redistributed, get someone to grab it for you or risk us losing it.
- Tags are in play for casual rounds and tournaments. Higher tag can challenge a lower tag and under most circumstances, lower tag must accept.
- Ace pot rolls over each week. If there are no aces for 2011, half goes to the course maintenance/insurance fund and half goes to the 2012 WW ace pot.
- There will be a year-end Bag Tag Bonanza to end the season.