Pages

Monday, November 20, 2006

And There's One In

Bill the Neighbor and I installed the Innova basket Sunday afternoon on Monster hole 14. It sure does look purty. Dave James also spent some time earlier in the day tidying up some tee boxes. Thanks guys.





During our round later, Bill became the first disc golfer in history to putt on a real metal basket at Devens. It was a magical moment. He also won the "Most Ticks" award with 4 I think. I had my usual three but still feel like there's a few crawling around on me this morning. When will I remember to put some Off on, even in this colder weather?

My boy Rob Curtis and his buddy came out from Dorchester to check on our progress. We caught up with them for a few holes before they had to take off to go watch the Pats-Packers massacre. Thanks for making the trip out to the country, boys! We also bumped into two new faces from Ayer who had heard about the course from our blurb on the local access channel. It's nice to see that the local contingent is growing.

Here's Monster 14, looking down down down to the tee:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to play that course with baskets. What will the course record be on the first official round? I say 52-51 willbe good for a bit. Great job John! Keep up the effort!

Killer B Disc Golf Shop said...

Thanks a lot. We are almost done. Just need a few more people to lend a hand! ;-)