Pages

Sunday, September 10, 2006

And the Game Does Suffer

I played in the Fairfield Open yesterday down in Fairfield, CT. It was my first tournament in over three months and only the second time I've played on a course other than Devens all summer. And it showed bigtime.

My first drive of the day was a beauty, except that it went clear across three fairways and landed out of bounds. Things didn't get much better and for the first time in my life I started round 2 on the last card in second-to-last place! Ugh.

I knew going into the day that I probably wouldn't play that great, but damn was I really only one spot away from DFL?! I couldn't believe it! Now all I could do was enjoy the second round and try to salvage some dignity. Playing on the last card turned out to be pretty fun and I ended moving up about 5 places in the final standings. Playing with DaveM, JoshB, and JohnO made it fun too since we were all in the same boat.

So why am I telling you this? Take it as a warning all you would-be course builders out there. Once you decide to build a course, your game will no doubt suffer! I really don't mind though because I have been having a blast helping getting this course off the ground. Come check it out and make me feel better! :-)

No comments: