Pages

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Introducing: Devens Treasures

If you've played Devens yet, you may have noticed some "artifacts" sprinkled throughout the course. Most are old soda and beer cans from the pull-tab era, as well as a couple of old bottles, auto parts, lawn chairs, and who knows what.

I like finding these things and seeing how brands and logos have changed over the years. Eventually, I'd like to collect these things and create a mini-museum of Devens Treasures. So, if you find anything really cool, let me know.

Today's Treasure is a 7up glass bottle with the slogan "You like it. It likes you." Bottled in nearby Worcester, MA. "'Fresh Up' with 7up".




After a little research and comparing label design, it looks like this bottle is from somewhere between 1955 and maybe 1967, but I'm going with late 50s.

Don't make me learn!

No comments: