Pages

Friday, October 20, 2006

Clearing Begins on 18

Yesterday, Dave and I both took a day off from work and started clearing 18. It was a beautiful Fall day and it was great to be outside. We cleared about half the fairway and put up some next tees signs for 16 and 17 before we called it a day.

I have to share a great post Pete T left on the NEFA boards last night that absolutely made my day this morning. I appreciate the kind words, Pete!

I went by Devens last Saturday and can attest that hole 18 has the potential to be a great NE finishing hole but is going to be a bear to clear to get the length to make it so.

Overall the course is shaping up well with a couple funky holes but some that already are memorable for the right reasons (like K-9)

Having seen the woods last fall when hole #1 was a dream to now I got nothin' but respect for the amount of work John and company have put and it will just get better with the planting of the first baskets.

Like they said in Field of Dreams- "If you build it, they will come...", but bring your hiking boots cause there is some serious vertical - Rindge is a pancake compared to Shipleys hill.
Here are some photos:

No comments: